Sunday, May 13, 2012

This is weird!


I like fooling around with some of the software filters in the Olympus E-PL3, and this 'high dramatic tone' filter is a favorite.  It give a faux HDR look to the photos, almost a preview of what I can do with it in Zoner Photo Studio.  Lately, I've been taking pictures of things with lots of contrast or texture in order to experiment.  The shot above was taken with the software filter.


This is the result of running the above image through the Zoner software for HDR tone mapping.  Where did all that red come from?  It looks like a contour map of Mordor!  I can only describe it as an accident, but I can't decide if I like the result.  I took some shots along the shoreline of one of the ponds, and in those photos some of the plants are red!


For comparison, here's an unaltered JPEG taken from the original RAW file. 

Just for fun, here's a panorama from Centennial Park yesterday as some rain clouds rolled it.  This was a series of 50mm shots stitched together in Zoner.  Click through to see the original.  It's purdy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home