Monday, November 28, 2011

I wanna be delusional for Christmas!

"for janis" by sheeshoo on Flickr

I'm watching the New Orleans Saints and New York Giants on Monday Night Football, and I find that my lust for a shiny new car under a huge red bow is increasing faster than the point count. Apparently, Lexus would have us believe that car payments and insurance premiums are the perfect Christmas gift. They may not be wrong. I can think of a couple of people I'd like to give one of these cars to over the holidays, provided I could stick them with the payments.

As for myself, I don't have to worry about finding a new car in the driveway on Christmas morning. It seems I ate the last of the left over black olives, a despicable act that I carried out without asking permission of She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. I didn't know when I married her that she's Italian by way of Ireland, which makes for occasional unpredictable displays of short temper. Squared.

I did have the temerity to ask for a new bike. It didn't go well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Don't they sell a Lexus bike at Walmart? What would you do if SWMBO got you one?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Buy me a bike? Steve, I stand a better chance of being hit by a meteorite while buying the winning Lotto ticket AND getting eaten by sharks who are themselves being struck by lightning.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home