Monday, October 17, 2011

Eduardo Leonardo de Painto


Yes, that's our mentally challenged cat.
Eventually, he figured out how to get down.


Here's an excellent way to test a knee joint. Climb a ladder. Apply paint to a wall. Climb down. Move the ladder. Climb back up again. Repeat until you're slightly mad. Not the angry kind of mad, but the tin-foil-hat-and-the-aliens-are-out-to-kidnap-me kind of mad. Above all, do not watch football games from atop a ladder.

The living room painting is finished, but much to my dismay, there's a gallon of paint left over. She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed pointed out that "we" can use it to paint the hallway, too. Oh, joy!

When I get dehydrated, I get dizzy. Frankly, being atop a long step ladder was slightly intimidating though thankfully the dizziness didn't kick in. I drank lots of water. The left leg cramped at night, something that I've learned to live with over the years, and it didn't seem any worse than usual.

Still, sanity must be maintained, so when I've had a chance to get away for a few hours, I've been taking photos of whatever is interesting. Some examples:


Not all ratty Brit cars come from Texas. Just most of them. Up north, the road salt and the elements have already reduced them to piles of rust with paint flecks.



This is one of the trails at the Oxley Nature Center in Tulsa. This is actually a high dynamic range photo as I tried to get detail in the deep shade and two people approaching. It didn't work, though, because the white areas are way over exposed. Still, I like the boards and leaves.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Aren't all cats mentally challenged?

My own Triumph GT6 was white. And it had no rust.

8:55 PM  
Blogger PM Summer said...

Looks a little like your daughter(?) is using Kitty as a paint applicator pad.

;-)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Yeah, but Steve, we all know you're...um...overly enthusiastic about cars...and I knew that comment would be irresistible!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Have you ever tried to get paint off a cat? It was an ugly experience all around.

9:26 PM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

Paint roller on an extension pole?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Yeah, I used an extension pole to do the big walls, but there's just a bit of flattened texture on those walls, and the pole wouldn't let me put enough pressure to fully cover it. It looked OK under artificial light, but sunlight revealed every thin spot. Also, I had to patch a crack in the ceiling and do the edging along the top of the wall.

Number One Daughter - that's her in the photo - helped enormously by doing the detail work at the bottom of the walls. I could, but all that getting up and down kills my legs.

5:27 PM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

That's why she's Number One! ;-)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home