Sunday, August 21, 2011

Owasso Criterium


We had the first-ever Owasso bicycle race today. It was a criterium on a figure 8 course around the downtown area. This photo is from the Cat 3 race as a chase group tried and failed to catch the two leaders. They had a half-lap advantage, and it was apparent that they wouldn't be caught. So the finale would be a two-up sprint to the line, but on the next to last lap, we heard the sharp pop and psssssst of a tire going down. Sure enough, it was one of the leaders. The other guy - a member of the Sound Pony team - cruised to victory.

I'll have more photos over the next couple of days. I burned up a bunch of memory and it's will take some time to edit them down. Also, as George suggested, I'm using a Flickr Pro account now, so I'll have more storage. Thanks, George!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Nice pis......I am starting to play around with some of the manual features of my camera. The Pro account at Flickr is well worth the money :-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

George, big, stupid fingers managed to set the exposure compensation about two and a half stops too low for those shots. The Olympus has tiny buttons on the back and I have big, clumsy fingers. I have to remember to use the exposure lock button....and then I have to remember to turn exposure lock off when I'm finished!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home