Saturday, May 21, 2011

They're gone! They're gone!

I worked overtime today. This afternoon, I fell asleep after work. When I woke up, no one was around. The television was off. No one was in the house. The street was eerily silent. No planes went overhead and even the noise from the freeway was gone.

I was alone in a silent world.

The rapture thing must have happened! Nothing else would account for it. I was alone!

So of course, I stripped off all my clothes, smeared peanut butter all over my body, and ran down the street singing "John Brown's Body" not because it was especially appropriate but because it was all I could think of at the time.

Freedom is a highly personal thing.

A police car came around the bend and stopped at the bottom of the hill. I did a quick u-turn and hot-footed it back to the house. I heard a couple of yelps from his siren, but never looked back.

So I'm not alone, after all. In fact, I probably won't be alone for long as they're pounding on the front door. It's really hard to get all this peanut butter off in a hurry.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Dr Wally would approve...

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home