Sunday, April 03, 2011

Saturday in Sperry

There was a thread on a local forum about old-fashioned ice cream parlors. It made me think of this. Inexplicably, the power is still on this neon sign. The building looks to be filled with antiques. Here's a shot of the store front.


Across the street are several old cars and trucks. This is the old town center of Sperry and the Osage Prairie Trail bisects the town. There was considerable bicycle traffic.

The Bike Riding Donut Guy likes him some old, rusty cars and trucks. We seem to have them in abundance here. The photo is a bit over exposed as I wanted the detail in the radiator, so the highlights blew out. Sure, I could do it in HDR (if I knew how and bothered to carry a tripod) but I'm essentially lazy.





Finally, this Cadillac Coupe de Ville is on a car lot in Owasso. I noticed it after breakfast yesterday. Mary says it's a gangster-mobile, but I'm just enthralled by them Cadillac bumper bullets.

As always, there are more photos on Picasa. And of course, I used a film camera too, so those photos will be available in a few days.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

I *love* the shot of the old jalopy's radiator.....just think of all the places that car has been over the last 80 years-way cool :-)

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home