Sunday, July 18, 2010

Klutz update: The continued saga of my Konica Auto S2


Last month - really, it was last month - I wrote about dropping my newly acquired Konica S2, breaking the wind lever off, and attempting to purchase another S2 for parts. It didn't go well. The seller at a local flea market claimed I'd "insulted" him with a $5 offer for his inoperative camera, and he left in a huff.

OK, we're up to speed.

Yesterday, I went back to the flea market and located that same camera. It was lying on the floor at the base of the camera display, a jumble of dirty, dented, and broken cameras and accessories, with a few gems here and there. And of course, it was still broken.

I picked it up and carried it up front. "What do you want for this?" I asked.

The seller looked it over and couldn't find a price tag. "Sixty five dollars" he said finally.

"I'll give you ten."

"You insult me!" He quickly grabbed the camera and turned away.

"No," I said. "It's not an insult. It's a reasonable offer for a broken camera."

"The lens alone is worth that."

"Only if you can figure out how to remove it. The camera's a unit and you have to disassemble it to do that."

He was gone.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned to find a woman standing there, rolling her eyes as only a woman can. She looked sidelong toward the vendor and shook her head, a wry smile on her lips.

Yeah, I have to wonder how the guy stays in business too.

2 Comments:

Blogger lemmiwinks said...

I thought you were going to say it was his wife! ;-)

12:27 AM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

I thought you were going to say it was his wife! ;-)

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home