Monday, June 07, 2010

Storm photos








We had a storm move through the Tulsa area this morning. I left my windows down in the car, and had to hustle outside to put them up before the rain arrived. These photos aren't the best as they were taken with my cell phone camera. Some dummie who looks remarkably like me left the good camera sitting on the desk this morning. The photos go in sequence from the northeast to the south west. By the time I was headed back across the parking lot to get under a roof, the wind picked up tremendously. I was grateful for my safety glasses and my bucket hat. The brim folded down over the top of my glasses due to the wind, and it kept sand out of my eyes. It was blowing hard enough that the sand stung my unprotected face!

If you look carefully, you'll notice that the window was still down when I took these photos. What's that say about my priorities?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Skinner said...

Very cool photos!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

When someone complains about their "crappy cell phone pictures" I shall direct them here.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Thanks! I've learned a couple of things about cell phone cameras. First, wipe the lens off. Second, remember there's a very long lag between pushing the 'capture' button and when it actually takes a photo - sometimes as much as a second - so don't move. Finally, I use FastStone Photo Resizer and tweak the contrast and color slightly, while sharpening slightly too. It also allows me to put the CycleDog name on the photo. Very handy.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

What Steve A wrote.

There's nothing like Midwestern weather. Very cool photos.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home