Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday's photo


Canon A590IS ISO80 f2.6 1sec

This is not a good photo.  It's a test of what I'd like to do.  I can convert the exposure information for a film camera.  The view is a shopping area just north and west of home.  In the foreground is a dimly lit road and sidewalk.  My flash went off, and when I compared this shot with a subsequent one without flash, I decided to include the flash photo here.  The road curves off to the left.  My plan is to set up a camera on a tripod and make an exposure as a car goes by.  The headlights should light up the sides of the road and the tail lights will leave long red streaks.  I'm planning to do this in with both color film and black and white.

When I took those shots this morning, it was 7F.  I did not want to spend much time out there, and handling the tripod was something I'd rather not contemplate.  It was butt-freezing cold!  Fortunately, the weather is moderating.  Our high today was just above freezing and tonight's low is supposed to be 27.  The next couple of days will be warmer, and I'm thankful for that.  Normally, a winter blast here lasts only two or three days.  This one has been around since Christmas Eve.    

Also, since two of our cable controllers seem to be faulty, I spent an exasperating amount of time wading through the voice menus for Cox Cable's tech services.  Let's just say it left me spittin' and swearin'....and it was unsuccessful so I have to do it again....tomorrow.  I'm not prepared for that level of frustration twice in one day.


2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Not bad for handheld 1 second exposure.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Thanks, Fritz. It was taken before my hands started shaking from the cold AND before I'd had my first cuppa. I suffer for art's sake.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home