Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Best of 2009

We get these lists of the 'best whatever' between Christmas and New Year's, and I'm not immune from doing one of them just to have an easy post. But I blundered across this bit of genuine wisdom from the late Charles Schultz, creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip, and I just had to share it.

Take a moment and read the whole thing. Don't get overly concerned about answering the questions at the top.

LINK

What others think is important often turns out to be little more than a illusion. The "Top Stories of 2009", including the Tiger Woods saga or Lance Armstrong's return to the pro peloton, are minor, and ultimately forgettable events compared to those that have a genuine impact on our lives. But I won't elaborate on this any further. Just go read Mr. Schultz.

2 Comments:

Blogger Duncan Watson said...

I found it interesting how the only part of the list above I could do was the Nobel Prize winners.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

Which raises the question - why didn't John Kerry win the Nobel Peace Prize?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home