Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tesla Roadster and James Martin - Update

Fritz has a piece on James Martin's 'apology' regarding his weekend article on the Tesla Roadster. It follows the standard non-apology apology format so well known to all of us. I suspect his editor, publicist, and possibly his solicitor - attorney on this side of the Atlantic - did a little bit of arm twisting. He says the piece was intended as humor.

That's right, humor. It's the standard way of weaseling out of a situation like this. The cyclists he ran off the road just didn't have as finely attuned sense of humor as Martin. They didn't get the joke.

I'm tired. Some days this is too much like playing Whack-A-Mole.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger RANTWICK said...

I followed the link to the apology, and kind of lost it. I had to post on this dude. I'm almost sorry I posted in anger, but I think I'll leave it.

11:50 PM  
Blogger ChipSeal said...

I would recommend all to regularly visit Rantwick's blog for an unfailingly good read.

That said, I liked what I wrote in his comment section so much I will repeat it here:

The man-child is a bully and a coward.

He has not yet taken responsibility for his actions, other than to say he is sorry he wrote about it and that he upset people by writing about it.

My ire might be mollified if he were to apologies for having poor impulse control and committing a crime of opportunity at the spur of the moment, and that the events have made him re-evaluate his moral and legal duty to exercise due care when operating a vehicle in the public way.

Short of that, I will continue to hold him in contempt.

[jacullga]

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home