Saturday, June 06, 2009

Living with blondes (Part 257)

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and Her Chief Understudy were planning to go shopping for some plants for the garden this afternoon. They went out and got into the car, but moments later, Mary came back in to say that Lyndsay couldn't get the car to back up. She was perilously close to hitting the garage door. The driveway slants down toward it.

Lyndsay got out from behind the wheel as I walked out the door. She'd already adjusted the seat and the mirrors. She turned on the radio, setting it to a favorite station, and she'd turned on the air conditioning. I ran the seat back so I could get in without impaling myself, then set about turning everything off. And then I did the one thing she'd omitted. I turned on the engine. It's not enough to simply have the key in the ingnition set to the ACC position. The engine actually has to be running before the car will back up the driveway.

Imagine that.

She stood there looking sheepish. "You're going to write about this, aren't you, Dad?"

"Well, yeah. How could I not?"

So there you have it. You're welcome, my love!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

I love it. Kinda sucks living with a dad that blogs....I know my kids read mine all the time to see if i write about them.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I'm just having too much fun out here, George!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home