Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lemme tell ya sumthin

It's been a couple of rough days. I've had what the pro cyclists politely call 'intestinal distress' but there's nothing polite about it. On Friday, I had a meatball sub that kicked me to the curb over the weekend. It wasn't food poisoning. Instead, my stomach and the rest of my gut reacted badly to the tomato sauce. I had heartburn that just wouldn't quit. Antacids gave brief respites, but they didn't stop the acid.

I dehydrated rapidly. It certainly didn't help that the temperatures were in the mid to upper 90s and the humidity was off the scale. I couldn't get ahead of the curve and wandered through the days with a throbbing headache. It always happens when I'm dehydrated and I hate it.

Yesterday, I moaned and groaned through the work day, and fell asleep for an hour at home. I felt better in the evening. Ibuprofen dulled the headache.

Riding the bike was out of the question, of course. I drove the SUV (minus air-conditioning!) since Lyndsay needed my car. Isn't it funny how daughters can get almost whatever they want from Dad?

But I feel better and expect that tomorrow I'll be pedaling to work again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

I'm glad you're better. I was feeling pretty rough over the weekend too and I've spent the beginning of this week with no energy. Hopefully this too shall pass.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Tejvan Pettinger said...

M.Indurain was asked his worst moment in pro cycling. He said it was riding behind T.Rominger when he had the attack of the runs..

Glad you feel better :)

tejvan
Cycling info

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home