Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back in the saddle again...

You may have felt that tectonic shift over the weekend. The Earth moved on its axis. Stars nearly fell from the sky and the other planets may have experienced orbit perturbations.

A few weeks back, Number One Son lost his job waiting tables. I don't want to go into it because I get the feeling his version of events should be prefaced with "Once upon a time."

That's old news. The good news is that he's found another job. The bad news is the fact that he needs transportation for work and school - and that would be summer school due to his somewhat casual relationship with the regular school year. He was 'invited' to attend summer school on pain of not being invited to graduation next year.

What does all this mean? Well, with three drivers needing transportation and only two motor vehicles, someone has to be 'deprived' of a car. Naturally, I volunteered. I'm not perturbed about that, of course, since I really enjoy riding at this time of the year.

No, what's on my mind is more properly referred to as what's on my butt. It hurts. I've been off the bike long enough that I have to get re-acclimated to spending time on the saddle. It helps that the Bianchi has a well-broken-in Brooks Professional. There's this one spot that, well, I could show you, but then I'd probably go to jail.

It doesn't help that it was 95F here yesterday. The south wind made it more bearable. I picked an easy gear and went spinning along with the tailwind. I drank an entire water bottle on the way. My legs were loose and except for a sore butt, I felt good. Mary and I ran some errands, and since she wasn't feeling well, I made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.

I fell asleep just after sundown.

Zzzzzzzzzzz..........................

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

My kid woulda been the one riding a bike all summer :-)

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home