Saturday, May 16, 2009

Claremore installs new bike racks


Coffee and bikes - perfect companions! It's time for another cuppa.


You just never know who you'll run into! This is Dale Peterson, a retired avionics QA inspector from my shop, and the first guy who trained me when I hired in over 20 years ago.

We were in Clarmore very briefly this afternoon. Traffic was snarled due to the Lilac Festival. Will Rogers Boulevard was closed for a car show and a music stage. Naturally, that was where Mary and Lyndsay wanted to go.

As they browsed through a book store, I wandered outside to get some quick photos. That's when I ran into Dale.


Here's an alternative use for some infrastructure intended for alternative transportation!


Look at the chalk lines. They indicate where the rack was to be installed. With all the rain we've had, the lines wouldn't last more than a day or two, so these must have been installed late this week.


A Clarmore patrolman who's hoping to get instructor certification from the IPMBA. I regret that I didn't get his name.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you make it to the bike shop down the street? If not, try to next time, nice folks!!

BTW - those racks have been there a while, you might have seen remnants of "orange highway paint" that left a bleached spot.

Also, the Tour de Cure was going on so you could have seen several bikes in the area.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

We didn't have much time in Claremore that day, Brandon. Mary wasn't feeling well, so we had to leave after only 20 minutes or so. I hope to get over there again soon.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Coelecanth said...

Damn I'm glad that a town somewhere installed those racks. My wife's replacement looked at them when choosing new racks for the city. Couldn't afford them was the final call. Sigh.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home