Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


("Planksy" from Okie Funk: Notes from the Outback by DocHoc, another liberal in this most red of states. Go read his post for today!)

You don't often see a pirate turkey. Maybe Thanksgiving Day should be another religious holiday on the Pastafarian calendar and we could have roast turkey as a sacrament.

It's just after 8AM CST as I write this. I've been up since 5AM like most mornings. There's fresh coffee in the pot. Actually, it's the second pot! I made French roast appropriately enough in the French press when I got up, but the second pot is in the drip machine. I've been busy.

Since my son has to work today at 2PM, we're having dinner early. Lyndsay and I stuffed the turkey and put it in the oven. She fed the cats while I prepared the bread machine. We cleaned up and loaded the dishwasher, then she went back to bed. We'll probably do the bulk of the work on today's meal because Mary is still sick.

Yes, Mom is sick, so the family tradition - someone's sick or we have a plumbing disaster - is holding true once again.

I'll miss out on Black Friday. Darn the luck! A friend is having outpatient surgery tomorrow and I agreed to take him to the hospital. I'll have to miss out on all that shopping mayhem. Gosh darn it. My heart - it's broken.

Since I'll have some free time this afternoon, I'm thinking about getting the Pennine road-worthy again. It's the only fixed gear in the garage right now because I converted the Centurion to a single speed. And there's little doubt I could benefit from some exercise after the food-induced coma that will arrive later today. Besides the turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, salad, and fresh baked whole wheat bread, there are 2 pies and a crock full of cookies out in the kitchen. I bought some Sam Adam's Honey Porter yesterday too, dark beer for guys named Sven or Olaf. I have no idea what the difference is between porter and stout, but I do know that I like both of them immensely. Hmmm. Big meal + beer = nap.

Gotta go. The cookies are calling. Enjoy your holiday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home