Thursday, June 12, 2008

I been tagged! Oh, noes!




I've been tagged by Ron at Cozy Beehive!

The idea is to go to the closest book and on page 123, copy sentences 5, 6, and 7.

My first attempt was unsuccessful. Since I was working in the kitchen at the time, the closest book was "Foods That Heal." It's a cookbook but it's only about 100 pages.

The next closest was "Betty Crocker's Cookbook." Unfortunately, there's a full page photo on page 123.

The next one was "The Taste of Home Cookbook." Paydirt! From a recipe for pork chow mein:

"Remove; keep warm. Add carrots and celery; stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, cabbage, and spinach; stir fry for 2-3 minutes."

Is it any wonder I have trouble keeping the weight off? Chow mein sounds good, but I think we're having tacos tonight.

Fritz says that if you break the chain,something dire will happen. Of course, I had to add to his list:

Dick Cheney will offer to take you out bird hunting.
You'll wake up one morning to discover Mormons camped in your living room.
Your friends will refer to you as "that cute little bald man."
The Fl@t T1re G0ds will be annoyed with you.
The Library Police will kick in your door at 3AM demanding you pay $2.55 in fines or face extraordinary rendition.
Dr. Wally Crankset will show up at your house for dinner and (if female) you'll be named in his next divorce.


So who to tag? I'll only name two - George, The Bike Riding Donut Guy and SiouxGeonz at Urbana-Champaign Bicycle Commute. I already have Wally at the dinner table most nights.

What else could go wrong?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ron George said...

Lol. Who's Wally, the missus?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Wally may be a figment of my imagination, but please don't tell him.

Really. He's a character I made up who lives in the largely imaginary town of Broken Elbow, Oklahoma. Wally's a likable schemer and a bit of a rake with the ladies. (Unlike me!) Take a look at "And now a word from our sponsor..." Dr. Wally Crankset gets the credit for a dubious idea.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home