Saturday, November 10, 2007

Photos and advice wanted...

(Image of armored Canon EOS 20D from RentKamera.No)

Brian Potter and I are doing a commuting presentation for the Tulsa Bicycle Club sometime after the first of the year. I'm looking for photos of commuting cyclists, their bikes and equipment, and all the other paraphernalia that gets attached to bikes and riders in order to make their commutes safer, more comfortable, and more enjoyable. In my case, that means an obligatory shot of the Melitta coffee maker stuffed into the top of a stainless steel water bottle.

I've already gone fishing through bicycle commuting photos on Flickr, and I've collected many showing ordinary people on bikes. Of course, I couldn't pass up a few of the very stylish images from Copenhagen Cycle Chic, nor some from Cycle-licious.

Since I want to make this relevant to local cyclists, I need photos of local cyclists. This is a good excuse to get out with a camera in my hands. We're going into Tulsa later today, so I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Now to the advice portion - I talked with Patrick Fox about using a helmet cam to show off some of the trails and cycling opportunities around the Tulsa area. I know NOTHING about helmet cams, so I'm asking all of you for advice regarding what to look for in a good one. Type slowly and use small words.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

I have stylish cyclist photos?

Helmet-cam videos are hard to do. It'll take you at least one or two tries to get it "right," in my (very limited) experience.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Paul Tay said...

Helmet cams? Been there. DUN DAT. Oregon Scientific ATC-1000. Cheap. Attaches ANYWHERE. Compact all-in-one.

Requires 4AAA batteries and holds 1G on SD card. I'll sell you mine.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Greg! said...

Oregon Scientific has a new model, the ATC-2K. I recently got one myself and I think it's hard to beat for the price (~$85). It takes 2 AA batteries and will record about an hour of 640x480 30fps video on a 2G SD card. And, it's waterproof, if that's a concern. You can see details here, but don't buy it from OS, you can find it much cheaper on Amazon.com (for one).

11:31 AM  
Blogger Seattle45 said...

Hey- theres a new helmet cam coming out on vholdr.com. its pretty small, and is supposed to be all in one, super easy to use. theyre not out yet, so i'm waiting to here some personal reviews, but it seems to be all good info so far.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home