Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Mom's Day

Here in the unstately Wagner manor, we're celebrating Mother's Day with hot wings, fresh baked bread, a garden salad, and home made chocolate chip cookies. I made the hot sauce. I may have to send notification to the EPA. This stuff is good, but it's almost radioactive. The kids gave me the hot sauce mix as a Christmas present, and this is the first opportunity to use it. Given my wife and daughter have an intense aversion to spicy hot food, this will probably be the LAST time I see this stuff. Jordan thinks it's just fine, but like most guys, he wouldn't admit it if this sauce made his toenails fall out.

Tour de Owasso

I did the garage sale tour yesterday morning on the Centurion which has now been converted to a single speed with flat handlebars and a milk crate atop the rear rack. Very handy. I didn't find any good bike stuff or tools, but I did come home with a copy of "Photoshop 5 Artistry: A master class for photographers, artists, and production artists" by Barry Haynes and Wendy Crumpler. This copy is from 1998, but believe me, it's light years ahead of most of the technical books I normally use.

Photos?

Are any of you seeing the photos I post? For some reason, all I see is a small blue rectangle where the photo should be. My computer may be blocking the images.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not seeing the pics.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Apertome said...

The only photo I see is one of your old cameras.

I love wings ... sadly, with the diet thing I'm doing, I can't eat them. Someday I'll break down and eat some anyway, and it will be beautiful.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I edited the post and added the photo, after I figured out how to do it properly. (Right click on photo in Flickr and select 'copy image location'. More dummie, me.)

If you don't mind my asking, Apertome, what diet are you using? I'm not supposed to eat beef, cheese, red wine, or beer because of pseudo-gout, which is a digestive problem rather than a kidney problem like true gout. But the outcome is the same - painful arthritic joints. If found that I can eat that stuff in moderation if I continue exercise.

I was curious about the oil we used for making those wings. I was surprised to find that Wesson oil, olive oil, and peanut oil are identical in that they each have 14 grams of fat in a 1 tablespoon serving. Ouch! Maybe that's why it tastes so good.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Apertome said...

It's not a specific diet, simply a "eat less, and eat healthier" type of diet. You know, the traditional kind where you simply try to burn more calories than you consume.

I don't buy into the ideas of a lot of those diets where you just cut out an entire food group or something similar. Systematically depriving your body of nutrients just seems like a bad idea to me, not to mention that that doesn't seem sustainable.

All that said, I completely screwed up my diet last night and got some BBQ. It was delicious, however deadly.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home