Saturday, November 11, 2006

Old Photos

In case anyone's wondering, I discovered that the old close-up lenses from my 35mm equipment work just fine on the digital camera. I have 3 lenses that allow much shorter working distances. Now I can be REALLY boring with photos of old stuff!



This is the Detroit portable track set up in Cleveland, Ohio sometime in the early 1980's. The track had 47 degree banking, and since it was constructed of plywood, really emphasized track racing as "thunder on the boards".





Michael Schermer (left) one of the original Race Across America contestants. Greg Kurkjian (right), and a good guy to have as a friend. Taken at the NY Bicycle Show in the early 80s.




Somewhere, I have a picture of The Cannibal too, taken at the same show.



Masis - Lots of Masis. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

What kind of cameras?

I love the old photos.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Oh I'm gonna cry...

That velodrome is kind of like the old Vandedrome. I rode it like twice and swoe it off... it was freaky.

Umm... Masis...

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home