Saturday, August 26, 2006

Helmet-wearin' sissies!

From Daily Kos, on would-be presidential candidate U.S. Sen George Allen:

On Nov. 4 of last year, Grant recalls, Allen displayed another telltale sign of his personality as the GOP senator was joking around in front of a Republican crowd that was rallying in Albemarle for the party's statewide ticket and local candidates.

"During his remarks, Allen spotted me in the crowd and mentioned me as his former Earlysville neighbor," Grant recalled. "Then he made a public wisecrack about me with what he called, and I quote here, my `sissy helmet.'

"I was in the crowd in my tan suit holding my bicycle helmet, since I had biked to the rally from where I parked my car over near the Four Seasons neighborhood," Grant said.


"For the record, George Allen may consider wearing bicycle helmets as being sissy, but I don't. Being safe is not being a sissy," he said.


Senator, real men don't wear helmets, or seatbelts, or toupees, or makeup. Do presidential candidates wear makeup?

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tay said...

I once wore a helmet with a dildo strapped on top of it into a Wally World.

2:15 PM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Mmmmm .......dildo.........bike helmet......Wal Mart.....I like it:-)

Maybe George Allen should try a strap-on.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

As I recall, WalMart management - a company not know for it's sense of humor - went into high dudgeon over Palu's 6 foot tall inflatable penis in the parking lot. Imagine that. They're much more comfortable with being a quasi-government, a mini-soviet controlling their territory with totalitarian zeal.

I need more coffee.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

But at least they sell helmets at Wally World. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the largest seller of helmets in the world. That makes them part of the "biking-is-dangerous-so-wear-a-helmet conspiracy" :-)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

But at least they sell helmets at Wally World. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the largest seller of helmets in the world. That makes them part of the "biking-is-dangerous-so-wear-a-helmet conspiracy" :-)

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home